The 7th Dialogue & Peace Iftar Dinner and Awards Ceremony was organized by Ufuk Dialogue which took place on the 16th of May, 2019, at Sheraton Hotel Abuja, Ladi Kwali Conference Centre, Abuja. Ufuk Dialogue started welcoming its guests at 6.30 pm The Dialogue & Peace Awards Ceremony will emphasize the importance of dialogue and peace in various social inter-faith and inter-cultural sects.
Her Excellency, Aisha Buhari, wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, represented by Dr Hajo Sani, Senior Special Assistant, Office of the Wife of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was the Mother of the Day.
Awardees at the 7th Dialogue and Peace awards are;
- Her Excellency, Aisha Buhari, wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- His Eminence, Rev. Samson Olasupo Ayokunle, President, Christian Association of Nigeria
- Sheikh Shariff Ibrahim Saleh Al-Hussaini, CON, Chairman, Fatwa Committee Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs and Chairman, Assembly of Muslims in Nigeria.
- Most Rev. Dr Augustine Tochukwu Ukwuoma, Chairman, Pastoral Agents Catholic Bishop’s Conference
- Professor Amidu SANNI, Vice-Chancellor Fountain University, Osogbo-OSUN STATE
- Fr. Prof. Hycianth Eme Ichoku, Vice-Chancellor Veritas University
- Prof. Ibrahim Muhammad Ahmad, Bayero University Kano
- Mrs Pauline Dame Tallen, OFR, Board Member, National Agency for The Control of AIDS
- Rt. Honourable Mudashir Obasa, Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly.
- Apostle ( Prof.) Alexandre Bamgbola, Chairman Lagos State Christian Association of Nigeria.
- NIGERIAN INTER RELIGIOUS COUNCIL (NIREC)
Dialogue & Peace Awards Ceremony witnessed the attendance of 500 participants. Among these participants are distinguished Ministers, Muslim and Christian leaders, vice-chancellors, senators, honourable members of House of Representatives, members of the diplomatic core, academicians, businessmen and women, and members of civil societies and education. All these dignitaries came together to celebrate the recent achievement of peace, love and tolerance in our various communities.